Kids don’t need sugar be happy. They especially don’t need sugar to be healthy. In fact, helping your child grown up without dependence upon tooth-destroying, health harming non sugar free desserts (not Paleo desserts, non keto desserts, non sugar free ice cream desserts, non low carb ice cream desserts) can help them avoid a lifetime of deadly diagnoses including obesity, heart disease, and mood and brain disorders now being linked to sugar consumption.
Today, everything from ADHD to autism is being blamed on chronic sugar and refined carbohydrate consumption. Today, one of the most probably causes for Alzheimer’s we have in fact, is a life-long consequence of refined carbohydrates and sugars causing plaguing in the brain.
Fun, Sugar-Free Treats for Kids, Sugar-Free Vanilla Froyo Bite Treats
Courtesty of Delish.com
These three ingredient snacks are fantastic.
- Raspberries, Blueberries, strawberries or all three!
- Plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- Vanilla xylitol or stevia drops to taste
- Blend all together.
- Pour into mini ice cube molds.
- Let set until frozen.
- Pop out into snack bowls and serve!
Kebby’s Frozen Ice Cream!
Kebby’s Ice Cream in chocolate or vanilla is a great healthy sweet treat for kids that contain no sugar and lots of calcium, potassium, and nutrients. It’s absolutely delicious in texture and flavor and kids absolutely love it!
Dr. Berg Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter, room temp
- ¼ cup sugar substitute (i use just like sugar)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (sugar free substitute. i use ¼ cup just like sugar plus 1 tsp black strap molasses)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg white
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips (i use king arthur’s brand)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sal
- In med bowl, mix all wet ingredients and beat until creamy.
- In larger bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add wet to dry and mix well, into a dough.
- Make into balls (you choose the size!). Press slightly palm, as these do not spread as they bake, but don’t make too thin, as they have a great consistency when about ½ inch thick. Bake at 350 for about 13-15 min, and get slightly brown on top. Do not over bake.
- If necessary, take one out early and cool to check consistency. You can always put the cookies back in for a minute to firm them up. Ovens cook differently, so i go for a shorter time and test, and pop back in the oven if i need to! Enjoy!
Carefully choose your sugar free desserts to meet your high standards for the keto diet. Make them keto desserts or Paleo desserts.
P.S. Kebby’s Ice Cream tastes great sandwiched between my chocolate chip cookies!