Let’s say you just found out your in-laws or close friends who you haven’t seen for eons just called and are on their way over. You want to be the perfect host and offer them sugar free desserts that of course have to be keto desserts or Paleo desserts.
The last thing you want to do is spike their blood sugar levels and end up in an argument with them about something trivial in a few hours! That’s why you are smart about offering them sugar free desserts.
But if you don’t have time to make a low carb ice cream (sugar free desserts) and there’s not a minute that can be spared on a trip to the grocery store, that’s when you can use this recipe. The munchie balls are the ultimate sugar free desserts because they take very little time to make. There’s no baking whatsoever involved.
Here’s the recipe.
How to Vary This Recipe & Other Keto Desserts
- Break up the munchie balls into small pieces and serve on top of sugar free ice cream (low carb ice cream).
- For a special holiday meal where you serve a lot of different keto desserts and Paleo desserts, make three different batches, altering the type of nut butter you use. For example, make one batch with almond nut butter, another batch with macadamia nut butter, and another with pecan nut butter.
- Leave out the unsweetened shredded coconut from the recipe and instead roll the formed munchie balls into unsweetened shredded coconut. This will give a crunchier outside and offer more texture to the mouth feel.
- Split up the amount of almond butter in the recipe to 50% almond butter and 50% coconut cream concentrate. The coconut cream concentrate has a peanut butter type of consistency and it is quite sweet. You can also decrease the stevia and cut its amount in half.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon extract to give a livelier flavor. Lemon wakes up the taste buds.
- Add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice mix to the recipe.
This recipe could be one of your favorite sugar free desserts – Paleo desserts or keto desserts! Give it a try and tell us what you think!