Sugar free desserts (Paleo desserts / keto desserts) like low carb pie are a great way to end a meal with sweet flavor that won’t throw you out of ketosis. Pie can be quite easily adapted to the keto diet because pie crust in and of itself does not have to contain sugar to taste good—nor does fruit or dark chocolate.
Try these pies for a wonderful and satisfying end to a meal that will keep you in ketosis and leave plenty of room for plenty of low insulin index nutrient dense vegetables! And do consider adding a scoop of sugar free ice cream (low carb ice cream).
Sugar-Free Desserts: Keto Friendly Apple Tart
This is guaranteed to be one of the best sugar free desserts you’ll try. Even the kids will love it!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups thinly tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Topping:
- 1-1/2 tablespoons erythritol sweetener
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Combine the melted butter and dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork until crumbly.
- Press the crust dough firmly into the bottom of a 10″ tart pan.
- Pre-bake crust 5 min.
Pie filling/Tart filling
- Combine the sliced apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Lay the sliced apples evenly across the bottom of the crust in a circular (or other) pattern.
- Press the apples down lightly when done.
- Combine the butter, cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and brush or spoon evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake the tart for 30 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
- Remove the tart and gently press the apples down flat with spoon.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees (F) and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
For the Topping:
- Combine the cinnamon and sweetener.
- Sprinkle over the top of the tart.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Have you tried any of our other sugar free desserts (Paleo desserts / keto desserts)?
Check out any of these:
- Nut Butter Almond Butter Brownies
• Coconut Flour Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Free Preservative Free Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Kebby’s Ice Cream, a low carb ice cream
- Chocolate Dairy Free Keto Ice Cream, a sugar free ice cream