If you’re trying to think up ideas for an upcoming holiday meal for a special someone and need a dessert, making a Double Chocolate Keto Pie could be your solution. First of all, most everyone loves chocolate. Of all the sugar-free desserts there are keto desserts, this one is one of my favorites. It’s especially good for those days when nothing seems to go right.
Chocolate also increases serotonin levels. This neurotransmitter makes you feel calm and collected. It’s also an anti-depressant. This recipe is one of the keto desserts that are naturally grain-free, sugar-free, and preservative free.
How to Make a Pie Crust for your Keto Desserts
Using ingredients like almond flour, xanthan gum, eggs, salt, and grass-fed butter, you can create a keto friendly pie crust that tastes delicious. There’s only one rule—just as with making regular pie crust, you want to keep the butter very cold and the water very cold to create the best pie crust.
Double Chocolate Keto Pie Filling
—Yields filling for one 8 to 9 inch pie
- 16 ounces cream cheese, preferably Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup stevia and erythritol together (granule form)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk whipping cream (see our recipe for this)
- 6 ounces chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- In a medium-sized bowl, add these ingredients: cream cheese, butter, vanilla, sour cream, cocoa powder, and stevia blend.
- Using your hand mixer, blend the ingredients.
- Next beat the batter on high until it is light and fluffy.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of Coconut Milk Whipped Cream into the medium-sized bowl containing the cream cheese mixture.
- Next add in the rest of the Coconut Milk Whipped Cream plus the broken pieces of chocolate. Mix gently. Do not over mix or overbeat.
- When mixed, put the filling into your pie crust. Smooth out the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate the pie after covering it with plastic wrap.
- Serve three hours later.
How To Vary This Recipe
- You could add chopped nuts to this chocolate filling and make it one of the best keto desserts you’ve ever tasted.
- Adding shredded coconut or coconut flakes in the top of this before serving will add an extra touch.
- Act as if you are a famous chef. You could also drizzle a chocolate sauce on top of the Double Chocolate Keto pie slice, exactly like a gourmet chef would do. They will drizzle the chocolate onto the serving dish as well as on the pie slice.
- You could add one teaspoon peppermint extract to the recipe and then add a few mint leaves to the top of the pie.
- You could take a big chance and add basil to the chocolate pie. More and more ice cream makers are pairing basil with chocolate.
Ice Cream Fun Facts
- 19% of Americans eat ice cream in bed.
- 3% of Americans eat ice cream in the bathtub.
Do you think it’s sugar free ice cream or low carb ice cream? Chocolate? Vanilla? For other great varieties of keto desserts, stick around. We have more low carb paleo dessert recipes just for you!